The School Day
Please note that from September 2022 we will return to all children arriving at school via the top gate in the mornings. For more information please contact the school office.
We have a ‘soft start’ here at Meadow Park. Children are welcome to come straight into school at any time between 8.30am and 8.40am and start their morning activities. This gives the children some settling/quiet work time before the register is taken and allows our teachers to have more contact time with parents and carers.
The doors will all be covered by a teacher or teaching assistant. At the doors, we would like you to say goodbye to your children and help them to develop their independence by walking inside by themselves.
At 8.40 am all school doors will be shut and locked. If you arrive after this time, please enter the school via the office. For the security of the children it would be appreciated if parents and carers could leave the school grounds promptly so that the gates can be locked.
|8.40am:||Registration and lessons begin|
|10.45am-11am:||Whole school, morning break|
|12.00pm - 12.45pm:||Key Stage 1 Lunchtime|
|12.30pm - 1.15pm:||Key Stage 2 Lunchtime|
|3.15pm||Whole school lessons end|
We encourage each child to learn and follow simple daily routines to make them independent and responsible for their own belongings. It would be an enormous help to the staff and your child if you could support this by:
- Leaving your child in their class in the mornings, allowing them to enter the building independently with their class teacher.
- Labelling all belongings including clothes and PE kits and shoes.
- Ensuring your child has their PE kit on the correct days.
- Ensuring your child has their lunch box and book bag with them in the morning.
- Allowing your child to be responsible for their own book bag and being involved in the communication process (tell them there is a letter etc for class teacher in their bag).
At the end of school
The school day finishes at 3.15pm.
The school gates open between 3.10pm and 3.30pm allowing parents and carers plenty of time to speak to each other or the member of staff on the school gate.
Please note that the whole school site is a smoke and dog free zone.